El Vintage! I've ordered here in the past...see here. The owner, Emily, could not be sweeter and she always has loads of great inventory to satisfy your vintage itch.
Here's a helpful tip:
- if something doesn't fit you, and this is common, don't shy away from a piece you love. Simply take it to your local tailor and...
- hack off that hem
- cut off the arms
- cinch in the waist
- create a new bust line
Emily bequeathed me with this lovely little number and I was a smitten kitten. You can see the original hem to the left of the first image...and my desired length to the right of that image. I styled this dress the way I'd wear it for a Friday lunch meeting or a girlie weekend brunch. You can also make it winter-ready by throwing on some wool tights and riding boots complete with a cream turtle neck underneath.
Since neutrals are all the rage this season...throw in a pop of color. Maybe a coral statement necklace? A canary clutch? Red heels?
Tell me how you'd style it! A random winner will be chosen to win this vintage gem next Monday, 2/20/12.
Here's what I'll need from you:
- a comment on how you'd style this piece and where you'd wear it
- a visit and to El Vintage's Facebook page
- a visit and a comment to El Vintage's style blog
- visit El Vintage's Etsy store
- you must be a follower of 101 things
- tweets earn extra credit. El Vintage's handle & mine
Good luck! Check back on Monday!