Here we are - August, which by the way, is half way over! Golly! It's been awhile since I've done a beauty review, so today I'm sharing the most covetable items in my medicine cabinet. These are true time-savers not to mention brilliant inventions that have left me feeling like a bronzed goddess despite my lack of actual sun time.
- St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan: No, this is not a joke. It does exactly what the name says it does. Once my hair is shampoo'd, I slather this all over my body and wait three minutes. It's a great time to throw on the conditioner but the water has to be turned off completely! After your three minutes is up, simply rinse off and watch the color darken over the next few days. It's brilliant. Not to mention wayyyy less stinky then its classmates.
- Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face Wash: I love any and everything that smells like coconuts. No harsh scrubbing and completely chemical/paraben free. I skip eye makeup remover entirely with this stuff.
- Sarah Potempa Beachwaver S1: Literally a life changer. I can now do my own beachy waves after 37 years of existence on this planet. The iron curls your hair for you with a flick of a button! Forget the prom curls...we're talking real, LA beach waves. I cannot say enough about this product!
- Exclusive L'Oreal Color Riche Collection in Reds: I selected "Freida's Red." It is the best drugstore red ever! It's super pigmented and 100% matte. It's a blue-ish red which works well on my skin. Don't forget the lipliner with this one!
- Nails Inc. Nail Polish in "Belgravia Square": It's the perfect muted pink to make your pool tan pop. I throw it on my toes with nude heels. It's extremely opaque, which I love, and all it takes is two coats and you're out the door. It dries super fast, too!
That's my August Beauty Round-Up. What beauty products are you lovin' these days? Happy Friday! xo
There's a few things that I prioritize when it comes to my skincare regimen...which are completely different from my priorities in my 20's. I suppose that happens. They are as follows:
- Anti-aging benefits
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for oily skin
The last one is kind of obvious but hey, it needs to be said. ...and I found one that actually accomplishes all of the above: Timeless Skincare. You'd be amazed what $20 can do for your skin!
Okay, real talk. I never get to a spa. And that is not a complaint. I'm of the mindset that if I cannot relax at all - why spend the money? Heck, I can barely get through a no-chip manicure without tapping my toes and telling my manicurist to skip the hand massage complete with warm towel aromatherapy. Yeah, I'm that girl.
I haven't converted entirely but I am damn near close. I recently fell in love with nude lips. Matte, of course, so I thought I'd spill the beans and share my recent favorites. Tried and tested by not only myself but my girls, too. Yes, I have cultivated a team of beauty addicts back at the homestead! The oooooh's and ahhhhh's are quite cute.
It has been ages since I've written a Beauty 411. The truth is...I receive a shit load of beauty products (of which I am very grateful for) and it takes awhile for me to review, test, sniff and trial each product several times. Many do not make the cut and it has nothing to do with price tags. I assure you.
Micro-needling. I tell people I've had it done recently and their facial expressions morph into one of fear. It's pretty accurate because that's how I felt, too. Two thoughts entered my brain: needles + face = no bueno.
I've always had a good skincare routine. Cleanse in my morning shower followed up by a toner, moisturizer and eye cream. Standard but I felt it was better than the alternative and I very rarely went to bed with makeup on. The same routine ensued in the evenings with a weekly addition being a gommage or facial scrub to slough off dead cells.
When it comes to my stocking, I thoroughly appreciate a good beauty haul. I don't get to Sephora often but when I do, it feels like birds are circling my head and an angel choir cues up. It's my personal heaven complete with scents, colors, smart packaging, handy tools and more. In a sentence: I get lost. Hand me a cup of coffee and we're really talking!
I'm a girl that loves the event of getting ready. Sometimes more than the actual event. Yes, I said it. All my girly girls raise your hand in the air if you agree with me!
Every woman wants to be glamorous. Find me one that doesn't. And if you're on the go, be it a mom or a career woman, there's nothing like being pampered even if for a hot second. Or 45 minutes in my case. Meet The Glam Express - a full service beauty bar complete with nail services as well as blow outs, extensions and makeup. Their mission is simple: they provide fast, affordable glam.
Networking all these years has offered me wonderful friendships that have outlived any job I've had in the past. I suppose that's why I love it so much. When a very dear friend and former client reached out to me offering me the opportunity to tour and receive a treatment at Spavia Lincoln Park, I very gratefully accepted. It's almost as if she read my mind...or saw the tension in my shoulders. Whichever one comes first!