Apologies for the radio silence. I have been bitten by the winter flu bug and I'm still not 100%. But there is no rest for the weary...or moms...as you know. Really, that applies to all parents. But that's a different story for a different day. So! Today's post is not related to fashion but rather, remedies!
I've been working so hard on eating clean and exercise lately. I kind of fell off the wagon during the holidays...a likely story. And, if you exclude Sunday Funday, it's been working. I feel pretty good save for this week. That was until the dreaded cold bug bit me.
With a little help from my friends and the old internets, I've found some alternatives to my former habits of overdosing on Dayquil. Turns out those little pills don't make me feel so great after all.
- Oregano Oil: A new-to-me remedy. Just four drops in diluted water, shotgunned twice a day and you'll shorten the shelf life of your cold. Warning: it's not pleasant and rather spicy but it works! I just can't tell you how or why. Try this one.
- Vitamin C: Chewable tablets are my new best friend. I opt for these. One serving is four chewable tablets and they taste nice and orange-y. I often feel a nice burst of energy, too - although momentary.
- Throat Coat: This is the tea of dreams. It really lives up to its name. It's caffeine free so you can sip it all day. One of the most soothing sore throat solutions I've come across. It's not cheap but it certainly works. Bonus: you'll stay ultra hydrated!
- Sweat It Out: No matter how zapped you are, I highly recommend a good sweat sesh. This week, and only on Day 3, I opted for a SPIN class. My joints don't work like they used to so running is out of the question but SPIN...always a good idea. And if working out sounds awful, go for a steam...either at home or the fancy kind at your gym. Let it alllllll run out!
- Sleep: Old fashioned but true. I sent myself to bed every night this week at or before 10pm. This is pretty early for me but no amount of work is worth feeling like crap. I know this to be true. And while I haven't been the most energetic mother this week; I think my kiddos understand that mom is feeling under the weather.
What are your tips and home remedies? Do tell! I think we've got still another stretch of germ season so I am ready to take notes. Stay healthy and thanks for paying a visit!
Check out today's link ups: The Mummy Chronicles, The Pleated Poppy, Tucker Up, Get Your Pretty On, Shopping My Closet Mix & Match Fashion, Penniless Socialite, Sincerely Jenna Marie, Living in Color!
Today I do not feel like I want to post about fashion. Today is one of those Truth Tuesday posts. I've been reflecting quite a bit about all the change 2017 has brought. Some of it has been pretty fabulous while others have been quite stressful. With only two months to go, I can safely say that 2017 was not one of my favorite years and the word on the street is that many people feel the same. 2017 was a year of change.
And 2018...if you're listening...you better bring it!
I've saved this photo for a year. Can you believe it? One of my very talented friends who happens to shoot on the regular for my company shot it when I wasn't paying attention...on a Halloween shoot, natch.
It's always fun to look back on the last 30 days and review life as we know it. Fall is such a busy time of year. It usually leaves me breathless but in the best way. It's been so long since I've done one of these that I felt today appropriate. I've had a bit of a black cloud over my head as of late but TODAY the sun is shining and it's Friday!
Like every day, you can always come to 101 things I love to support your shopping habit. Old habits die hard. <wink, wink> I will say this though...I will always find you a good deal and I am well researched. That's a promise! I am sure my husband is gritting his teeth reading this.
I posted a blog last week on shopping. It wasn't ground breaking and I've shared this type of content many-a-time before. Once in awhile a reader will comment on a particular item they, too are fawning over. It's just fun, superfluous content. The interesting thing about this post is that it really rubbed one reader the wrong way. I mentioned it extensively on my IG stories but in case you missed it...here's what my friend, "Laney" had to say...
Hi! Happy Friday! Although somewhat risky, I thought we'd do a little exercise today! For the first time in eight years I want to open up the floor and answer all of your burning questions. I've never done this before but I thought it could be a fun way to connect as a community and I've seen so many influencers do the same. It really changed my perspective on the individual behind the brand. So...what do you think?
Sometimes I wish Lisa had permanent residency in my home. On those challenging days when nothing seems to be going right, I would take solace in the fact that Lisa would have a mean cocktail waiting for me as soon as the clock turned happy hour. This girl knows how to whip up a strong drink and not just one...but an entire collection of craft cocktails!
I just returned from another Mexican adventure. Let me start with the simple fact that Mexico is always a good idea. Always. Two back to back trips further cemented my love for this country. That said, with any travel comes tiny moments of clarity. Some are welcome and some are just a drag to face. So let's start with the good stuff...
If you want the cut and dry of why the tech community loves Katy Lynch, see answer #10. Actually, that's why I love her, too.
I met Katy a little over a year ago and I was instantly inspired by her genuine support for my agency and her bubbly demeanor.
Everyday was a surprise in Guadalajara. And I mean that in every sense of the word. We'd wake up to beautiful breakfasts and come home to thoughtful gifts. It was unreal. Day 2 was just what the doctor ordered. Our itinerary included breakfast at Café Barra Café followed by a short trek to the landmark spa and boutique hotel, Hacienda El Carmen.