Last night I caught up on some emails...digging my way through what was August. I came across this feature on the Windy City Blogger Collective and it really resonated with me. Not only is it brilliant but an easier way to manage stress, family, work and life in general.
I'm an avid list maker except there's one problem. I have lists everywhere which is slightly counter productive. And since I'm always aiming to become more productive with the time I have...I decided to give it a shot. The homework: draft an ideal day (daily and stick with it)
Granted, my ideal day is spent on white sand sipping on pina coladas with my husband while my kids frolic in the ocean; it appears I may have to wait until 2016 to revisit that! Here's to minimizing stress by sticking to a clean schedule that allows a little bit o' everything. Cuz really...there are only 24 hours in a day and sometimes you have to sleep, too!
My Ideal Day:
- 5:30-6:15 AM: wake-up, check emails with one eye open, make sure daily blog post published correctly
- 6:30-8:00 AM: shower, feed kids, coffee by the gallon, get kids ready for school
- 8:30-9:00 AM: respond to more emails, make bfast smoothie, drive kids to school
- 9:15-12:00 AM: more emails, conference calls, meetings and definitely more coffee, devour a handful of almonds
- 12:00-1:00 PM: make lunch at home or client lunch, work on social media for blog/clients, respond to comments, publish clients' midday posts
- 1:00-2:00: more emails, conference calls, meetings
- 2:00-4:00 PM: meetings, work on client deliverables...weekly schedules, agendas for calls, proposals and follow up
- 4:00-4:30 PM: more emails, last minute check-ins, schedule photo shoots, let our nanny go for the day
- 4:30-5:15 PM: snack break with my girls, catch up on their day, snuggle
- 5:15-6:00 PM: work out while the girls play with iPads or toys (I work out at home)
- 6:00-7:00 PM: prep dinner for the girls and myself, tidy up the house, sneak in a few emails
- 7:00-8:00 PM: bath time with the girls, brush teeth, more snuggles, books and TV time
- 8:00-8:45 PM: put the girls to bed (it takes forever these days, we're going through a new phase)
- 8:45-midnight: more emails, work on client deliverables, draft the next blog post, respond to comments and of course, post to social media channels
- midnight: check Instagram one more time, pass out
What's your ideal day? Is it as chaotic as mine feels?
Hi! Happy Friday! Although somewhat risky, I thought we'd do a little exercise today! For the first time in eight years I want to open up the floor and answer all of your burning questions. I've never done this before but I thought it could be a fun way to connect as a community and I've seen so many influencers do the same. It really changed my perspective on the individual behind the brand. So...what do you think?
Sometimes I wish Lisa had permanent residency in my home. On those challenging days when nothing seems to be going right, I would take solace in the fact that Lisa would have a mean cocktail waiting for me as soon as the clock turned happy hour. This girl knows how to whip up a strong drink and not just one...but an entire collection of craft cocktails!
I just returned from another Mexican adventure. Let me start with the simple fact that Mexico is always a good idea. Always. Two back to back trips further cemented my love for this country. That said, with any travel comes tiny moments of clarity. Some are welcome and some are just a drag to face. So let's start with the good stuff...
If you want the cut and dry of why the tech community loves Katy Lynch, see answer #10. Actually, that's why I love her, too.
I met Katy a little over a year ago and I was instantly inspired by her genuine support for my agency and her bubbly demeanor.
Everyday was a surprise in Guadalajara. And I mean that in every sense of the word. We'd wake up to beautiful breakfasts and come home to thoughtful gifts. It was unreal. Day 2 was just what the doctor ordered. Our itinerary included breakfast at Café Barra Café followed by a short trek to the landmark spa and boutique hotel, Hacienda El Carmen.
Bit my bit, and surely through my social media, I'm sure you are aware of the amazing trip I just returned from. A select few Chicago influencers were invited to travel to Guadalajara, Mexico to experience the vibrant culture, art, music, cuisine and so much more that this magical city has to offer. And it was magic!
If you're just starting to think about your bikini bod for summer...it's time to get a move on! Girl - it's June! While achieving optimum health isn't an overnight sensation, my friend Michelle Amore is THE rockstar of the Chicago fitness landscape. Rock hard abs backed by science...yes, she has them but she can help you achieve them, too!
You know those days when you can't find a thing to wear in your closet. *raises hand...today!* Well, there isn't an app for that (or is there?) but there is a magical, unicorn of a human being who can certainly help and her name is Katie Schuppler! With over seven years in the business, she is the human version of a fashion app. She can pull accessories at the drop of a hat and purge your closet even faster. She's your go-to fashionista in a pinch and she's been werkin' the scene since inception.
Familiar with BaubleBar? Who isn't right? Ever wonder what it was like to launch and how it all began? *raises hand* I always find these stories fascinating and today my friend Nina - the VP of Brand Marketing and also one of the original crew, is here to share the scoop on a day in the life of this accessory giant and what lies ahead. Take a seat...you're in for a sparkly treat!
The best things in life are free. Laughter being one of them - most underrated gift anyone could give you. And, it just so happens that today's Fearless Friday feature, Janet, makes me laugh constantly. I've traveled with her, soon again, I've cocktailed with her, I've had long talks with her...shoot, the only thing we haven't done is work out but we've even talked about that, too! I will tell you, Janet cares and she is very much supportive of her girls. I've observed over the years. Even with everything she is balancing...motherhood, marriage, career, blogging, philanthropy ...she always makes time for her friends. And, she will always make you laugh. That is the best trait in a friend - better than 100 lattes or 1M pairs of Gucci heels. And well heeled, she is!