I've teamed up with Olay for today's post and we're talking skincare, ladies.
Upon hitting my mid-30’s, I very quickly realized how important my mental and physical health would become in growing old gracefully. This officially became evident when I was faced with chasing around my two gorgeous, toddler daughters. It takes energy to keep up with those nuggets and the demands of a full-time job.
While there are no shortcuts to achieving a youthful appearance and a healthy outlook on life, I’ve learned that the following quote has rung true for me in the last two years:
"Find 3 Hobbies You Love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative."
Well, I’ve found the financial and creative aspects in work and blogging; that’s the good news. What about keeping in shape?
The theme of today’s post is not only a reminder for me during such a crazy time of year but also an opportunity to share my tips with my favorite people – YOU, my dear readers!
In no specific order, here is my #ForeverYoung laundry list that keeps me healthy in body, mind and spirit:
1. Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream – I’ve tried more serums, potions and creams than I care to admit but this one is the stuff dreams are made of. My face sucks up the moisture quite literally. I noticed my fine lines diminish and my skin plumped up again after being dehydrated from a lack of water. (one of my 2015 resolutions, I know…but seriously)
2. Mingle Juice Joint – My city finally jumped on the cold pressed juice trend and I am in love with this place. I feel like everyone needs a vice and this is one that my body actually appreciates. My bank account…not so much but we’ll discuss that later.
3. Nike Free 5.0 – These sneakers changed my work out game forever. They empowered me to run again and hop on the elliptical after a very long hiatus and the feeling is amazing. I credit these little sneakers for helping me become a sane mom and giving me the confidence to slide into a smaller size of favorite denim.
4. Healthy Snacking – Removing the chocolate temptation from our house took a lot of trial and error. In order for me to stay active after work, I found a new addiction: roasted edamame. Try this recipe to achieve dewy skin and happy tummies.
5. Bubbles – My struggle to drink regular water is real, people. I just get bored. I feel like drinking La Croix is like meeting my skin in the middle – in other words – we’re negotiating. I’ll raise your tap water for carbonated beverages that taste like coconut. Deal…now let’s shake!
Let’s face it…feeling confident and looking young doesn’t happen overnight but the habits that I cultivate now will have a huge impact in how I feel in the coming years. That’s a commitment I am willing to stick with, especially in 2015.
Brand Statement: Olay is a worldwide leader in skin care and has been trusted by women for over 60 years, maintaining its founding philosophy: to maintain a deep understanding of women’s changing needs and to combine products that fit their needs with the latest advances in skin care technology. Regenerist was created along those lines to address women’s anti-aging needs, and millions of women have tried it and loved it, making Regenerist the #1 anti-aging moisturizer. **Based on Nielsen data week ending 2/1/14.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by P&G via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of P&G.