A fresh start. A clean slate. I love the promise of a new year. For me, it's equivalent to a freshly laundered bed. Jump in and cozy up because we've got 362 days left of opportunity. And while it's easy to get burnt out in marriage, work, in parenting, in friendship, in blogging...taking time off provided me perspective. With that, my first post of the year!
I don't believe in resolutions. I ALWAYS break them. Without a doubt. But I do believe in strong intentions - so today, I want to share five intentions that I believe will help me live a happier life in 2017. Some may seem trite but I happen to think it's the small things that snowball into one great thing. In this case...happiness.
- Drink a glass of hot water with lemon every morning. It's really simple, flush out the toxins (especially this past holiday - woof!) and regulate my body. Coffee can wait.
- Resist the urge to be at everyone's beck and call. This falls into the work bucket. Simply put - if taking a call on the weekends or evenings mean I take time away from my spouse or children - it's not a good option. I am working really hard to disengage and not create a habit of enabling clients to demand my time off the clock.
- Work out with a friend. I'm generally a lone wolf in the fitness arena but I think it would be fun to try out some of these new, wacky classes and sweat collaboratively. Perhaps it's the multi-tasker in me - QT with my girls and crushing calories. Sounds good right?
- Spread my friendship wings. There are some really great people that I'd like to get to know better in 2017. Some in my own backyard. Genuine people that are uplifting and perhaps, may need a little uplifting themselves. I'd like to be that person for them.
- Communicate better. I often shut down with stress or stare blindly at my screen. Instead, I should put my work down and get a good night's sleep. I could work on my approach with people, too. Perhaps a combination of both will allow me to build stronger relationships with my family, friends and my clients. I think this is the toughest of them all!
Five intentions...right there. Some are really hard for me but I think if I am cognizant of them, good habits will form and replace the old behaviors.
Do you set intentions or resolutions? I'd love to hear! Happy New Year!
Photography by Sed Bona
Check out today's link ups: Pink Sole, Musings of a Housewife, Fashionista Momma, Life of Meg, More Pieces of Me, The Foley Fam, Watch Out for the Woetsmans Fizz and Frosting, Style Elixir, I Do deClaire, Garay Treasures
Today's self-made babe is full of positivity. She is a bright light in any room which is not easy to come by. She's fashion forward and unforgiving but she owns it and that's what I love about Tali. Something tells me her business is just about to explode so take a read below.
Welcome to my newly rebranded entrepreneurial series. You may remember Fearless Friday from the past but this is the 2018 reimagined version. I brought it back for many reasons but the primary reason was because of YOU. You guys loved this series! I took a break because I recall it being a lot of work to conduct interviews and beyond. So, instead, I took my own advice and worked smarter, not harder.
Let me start by saying that I am not a physician. Not even close. But I can say that for almost 37 years I struggled with food, digestion and the feeling it left me. I have a great relationship with food. I love it and I love to try new things BUT gluten and I were never meant to be friends and that epiphany hit roughly two years ago when I grew tired of the bloat, the gas, the bathroom issues and the overall appearance of looking like I was in my second trimester 24/7.
2017 was a difficult year for many people that I genuinely love and care about. In fact, it felt like the world was somewhat turned on its head with everything ranging from natural disasters to horrible tragedies to the ugly truth behind "me, too" in the media. Hard to watch, hard to listen to and hard to put one foot in front of the other when you're left wondering what you can do to help. What I did love about this year is that we all spoke up. It's a positive change and yes, the topics were taboo but so what? Let's get it all out on the table, I say!
I feel like life is moving at the speed of sound and with it...my blog has been sitting in the corner weeping for more frequency. I am TRYING but man, this time of year is intensely busy. I decided to do an Instagram round up of all the goodness we are experiencing this month and last month.
Today I do not feel like I want to post about fashion. Today is one of those Truth Tuesday posts. I've been reflecting quite a bit about all the change 2017 has brought. Some of it has been pretty fabulous while others have been quite stressful. With only two months to go, I can safely say that 2017 was not one of my favorite years and the word on the street is that many people feel the same. 2017 was a year of change.
And 2018...if you're listening...you better bring it!
I've saved this photo for a year. Can you believe it? One of my very talented friends who happens to shoot on the regular for my company shot it when I wasn't paying attention...on a Halloween shoot, natch.
It's always fun to look back on the last 30 days and review life as we know it. Fall is such a busy time of year. It usually leaves me breathless but in the best way. It's been so long since I've done one of these that I felt today appropriate. I've had a bit of a black cloud over my head as of late but TODAY the sun is shining and it's Friday!
Like every day, you can always come to 101 things I love to support your shopping habit. Old habits die hard. <wink, wink> I will say this though...I will always find you a good deal and I am well researched. That's a promise! I am sure my husband is gritting his teeth reading this.
I posted a blog last week on shopping. It wasn't ground breaking and I've shared this type of content many-a-time before. Once in awhile a reader will comment on a particular item they, too are fawning over. It's just fun, superfluous content. The interesting thing about this post is that it really rubbed one reader the wrong way. I mentioned it extensively on my IG stories but in case you missed it...here's what my friend, "Laney" had to say...