As a working mom of two toddlers, I can tell you most days I am running late due to unforeseen falls, kissing boo boo's, wet hair, spilled milk (yes, for real) or the dog deciding to urinate somewhere other than our backyard. Not every day is tricky but most require McGuyver-like skill. It really is a balancing act.
Looking polished is a non-negotiable for me. I do not wear yoga pants out of the house unless I am going to a yoga class. More than likely you will see me in 4" heels and almost never with naked lips. It's just my thing. It should also be noted that I consume about five cups of coffee everyday but who's counting?
You don't have to be a mom to know that there are not enough hours in the day. We're all "busy". (so much abuse of that word this year!) So, today I want to share my quick tips on looking polished under pressure with very little time.
Beauty is about multi-tasking, ladies. If there's an app for that, I own it. If there's a website to simplify my schedule, I use it.
With that said, here are my must-haves to get out the door in a jiffy. (warning: some require planning)
- A bold lip. No matter how big the circles under your eyes are...fake it till you make it! A red or magenta lip can do wonders for your coloring and give the illusion that you really do care. Favorite lipstick of all time here.
- My Sunday manicure. I use PrettyQuick to book my beauty services. They are like the Uber for beauty. Hop on their website, pick your service and see real time availability that works with your schedule. Secure your form of payment online and they add a 20% tip to be automatically charged to that same card upon completion of services. Handy text reminders, too!
- Dry shampoo. This stuff is the bidness. It's the only one light enough for my hair and wicks away any trace of oil in seconds. All scents are welcome in my beauty arsenal.
- Opt for neutrals. Don't make getting dressed harder than it needs to be. The pressure of picking out an outfit is only compounded when you have a husband tapping his foot. I reach for staples like a strong heel, a great leather jacket and a classic dress.
- Conceal. If you don't have a good concealer and you're past the age of 25...it's time. A good concealer is your strongest weapon against dark circles and showing your age. My concealer changes my whole appearance - I look brighter, rested and more youthful if there is such a thing.
Good news! You can take advantage of my favorite beauty tips, too. Today I'm offering a free manicure to all my readers using the promo code below! Give PrettyQuick a shot and book your next appointment lickity split!
Wait! There's more! I was also fortunate enough to partner with Urban Sitter today, too! You can't showcase that amazing manicure and stay inside on a Saturday night! Urban Sitter is generously offering us parents the opportunity to use their site and book our next date night. How fab is that?
Simply use the referral code: "REFO101LUVS" and get $15 off (a free sitter introduction) for your next night on the town. Redeem the code here. Created by moms. Recommended by experts. Loved by parents everywhere.
...and it's not even Christmas! Happy Thursday!